Bolt Pattern Force Distribution Course
A bolt pattern is arrangement of bolted joints, typically four or more, that connect two or more components together. This course details the methodology to resolve forces and moments applied to a bolt pattern into axial and shear loads acting on the individual bolted joints in the pattern.
This course discusses:
- In-plane and out-of-plane eccentric shear loading on a bolt pattern
- A generalized approach to distributing loads over a pattern
- Properties of bolt patterns
- Forces and moments at the centroid of a pattern
- Axial and shear forces on individual bolted joints
Read the reference material for this course:
NOTE: The reference for this course is hosted by MehaniCalc, which is one of our partner websites. View the course material on MehaniCalc, and then come back and take the quiz when you are ready.
When you're ready, take the quiz for this course:
After you pass the quiz, you will receive a certificate of completion, which you may access within your Account page. You may present this certificate to your state licensing board as proof of course completion.