Centrifugal Pumps Course
Centrifugal pumps are one of the most common components found in fluid systems. In order to understand how a fluid system containing a centrifugal pump operates, it is necessary to understand the head and flow relationships for a centrifugal pump.
This course discusses:
- Energy conversion in a centrifugal pump
- Operating characteristics of a centrifugal pump
- Net positive suction head
- Pump laws
- System characteristic curve
- System operating point
- System use of multiple centrifugal pumps
- Centrifugal pumps in parallel
- Centrifugal pumps in series
Read the reference material for this course:
NOTE: The reference for this course is hosted by Engineering Library, which is one of our partner websites. View the course material on Engineering Library, and then come back and take the quiz when you are ready.
When you're ready, take the quiz for this course:
After you pass the quiz, you will receive a certificate of completion, which you may access within your Account page. You may present this certificate to your state licensing board as proof of course completion.