|Course Field:||Fluid Power|
This course provides an overview of pneumatics. Topics include the characteristics of gases, compressibility of gases, the kinetic theory of gases, Boyle's law, Charles's law, the general gas law, types of gases used in a pneumatic system, and contamination control.
When you have completed this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Recognize the pressure characteristics of gases and liquids.
- Recognize the common temperature scales.
- Recognize various theories, laws, and properties of gases.
- Recognize characteristics of gases used in pneumatic systems.
- Recognize the color codes of compressed gas cylinders.
- Identify safety precautions for handling compressed gas.
Read the reference material for this course:
NOTE: The reference for this course is hosted by Engineering Library, which is one of our partner websites. View the course material on Engineering Library, and then come back and take the quiz when you are ready.
When you're ready, take the quiz for this course:
After you pass the quiz, you will receive a certificate of completion, which you may access within your Account page. You may present this certificate to your state licensing board as proof of course completion.